Work with Us!
Current Job Opportunities
The West Bend Community Memorial Library and the City of West Bend announce the opening of the Library Director position. The Library Director implements library policies and projects and provides leadership for improving library service to the community in accordance with policies established with the Library Board. To view and print a PDF of this job posting, click here.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- overseeing all administrative functions of the library
- working cooperatively with the Library Board, by providing administrative support, acting as its executive secretary, and providing monthly reports at its monthly meetings
- developing and preparing the budget for approval
- managing and maintaining the library’s finances
- developing and overseeing a variety of materials and services designed to meet the needs of a diverse public
- supervising staff and volunteers
- implementing personnel policies and establishing work rules
- developing a long-range strategic plan, in conjunction with the Library Board
This position requires a master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited University, three to five years of significant administrative and supervisory library experience, and excellent customer service and leadership skills.
West Bend Community Life:
The City of West Bend is in southeastern Wisconsin. The city is home to the Museum of Wisconsin Art, the Washington County Historical Society Center, UWM- Washington County, Kettle Moraine Technical College, numerous restaurants, specialty stores and family friendly activities. Outdoor enthusiast may enjoy the Eisenbahn Trail for walking and bike riding, the Milwaukee River for kayaking and fishing and beautiful parks, like Lac Lawrann for relaxing and enjoying nature.
One of the most beautiful places to visit is the West Bend Community Memorial Library, a member of the Monarch Library System. The Library and the Monarch System offer so much to the community.
Visit the following community links for more information:
- City of West Bend
- Museum of Wisconsin Art
- Eisenbahn State Trail
- Lac Lawrann Conservancy
- The Milwaukee River
- The West Bend Community Memorial Library
- Monarch Library System
- The Tower Heritage Center
- Downtown West Bend
Starting salary is $70,875/year.
This position is open until filled. EOE.
Submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to the selection committee c/o Brad Ney email@example.com
Two (2) Part-Time positions available
The West Bend Community Memorial Library has two (2) open positions for a part time Custodian. This position will be 25 hours per week, per person.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Cleaning of restrooms, meeting rooms, study rooms, shelves, tables, computer equipment, and glass around the library
- Emptying garbage cans and recycle bins
- Vacuuming, sweeping and mopping of library floors
- Dusting of library furniture
- Salting during winter months as needed
- Set up of tables and chairs before and after events
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High School Diploma
- Basic knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies
- Basic knowledge of proper cleaning techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to customer service
- Enthusiasm and flexibility a plus
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push, pull, lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
The positions are open until filled. A completed application is required and available by proceeding to our website at www.ci.west-bend.wi.us and clicking on the "Human Resources" tab (under Departments) and then choosing "Online Application". You can also click here.
Job Type: 2 positions, Part-Time
Hours will be 5:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., with occasional Saturday hours
These positions offer retirement benefits (WRS pension), life insurance and vacation. No other benefits are associated with this position.
Pay: $10.00 - $10.25 per hour