The library provides free copies of many commonly-used tax forms. If we do not have a specific form, we can print a copy for you for 25 cents/page. Tax forms are available on the second floor, near the reference desk. See below for a listing of what we have. Remember, the due date for your 2018 income tax return is Monday, April 15, 2019! Our librarians want to do everything we can to help with taxes, but please understand we cannot provide information that could be considered legal, tax, or medical advice. (Hannah always half-jokes you don't want their help anyway; Hannah has not taken a math class since high school.)
- WI 1 forms and instructions
- Homestead booklet
- Renters certificate
- 1 NPR forms and instructions
- Schedule WD forms and instructions
- Capital Gains and Losses forms and instructions
- 1040 (redesigned)
- 1040 instructions
For 2018, you will no longer use Form 1040A or 1040 EZ. Instead, you will use this redesigned Form 1040, which has six new numbered schedules in addition to some of the old, familiar schedules such as Schedule A. We have booklets to go with this form, which include some helpful hints. It's getting to be tax time! Keep an eye on this page - we'll post when our free tax forms are available.
If you don't want to make the trek in to the library, you can find, download, and print Wisconsin state tax forms here: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/Form/2018-TaxForms.aspx
Federal tax forms are available for download/print/request here: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
AARP Tax Aide
AARP's free tax assistance is back! Trained AARP volunteers can help with your taxes, including the Homestead Tax Credit. All sites require appointments, so please call the numbers listed below to schedule yours today.
Our Savior Lutheran Church
|1044 S. Silverbrook Dr.
West Bend, WI
|Oscar Grady Public Library||151 S. Main St.
February 14 & 25;
|Menomonee Falls Library||
W156 N8436 Pilgrim Road
February 1 - April 12
9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
|Cedarburg Town Hall||
1293 Washington Avenue
|Port Washington Library||316 W. Grand Avenue
Port Washington, WI
|Sussex Library||N64 W23820 Main St.
If you take advantage of the AARP service, please remember to bring:
- Photo ID (married, filing jointly, must both attend appointment)
- Social Security card if not on Social Security
- Last year's taxes
- All 1099 forms from banks
- Social Security or annuities
- W-2 forms from any and all employers
- Monthly Social Security amount
- Original rent certificate or copy of property tax bill
- Those not on Meidcare must have an employer sponsored health insurance OR ACA (Affordable Care Act) form. The ACA form can be obtained from the Marketplace, and shows how much was paid and your credit amount.
- If you would like your direct deposited, please bring a check with your account number and routing number.
For more information about the AARP Tax Aide, visit the AARP website here.