Think books are awesome? Think we are awesome? Donate today to keep the party going!
We’re excited to announce the inaugural Monarch Library System Battle of the Books! We’ll have two rounds of competition here in West Bend to determine which team will represent WBCML and face off against libraries from all over Washington, Ozaukee, Dodge and Sheboygan counties at the final competition. Come to this information session to learn more, register your team (or find one to join), and find out which books you should focus on reading this summer. Geared for those going into grades 6-12 (adults and siblings are welcome to attend all events).
If you want to get a head start, this year's books are:
1. Arlo Finch in the Valley of Fire by John August
2. Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshoni Chokshi
3. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
4. The Epic Fail of Arturo Zamora by Pablo Cartaya
5. Hidden Figures: Young Readers Edition by Margot Lee Shutterly
6. New Kid by Jerry Craft
7. The Red Pencil by Andrea Davis Pinkney
8. See You in the Cosmos by Jack Cheng
9. The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle by Leslie Connor
10. The War Outside by Monica Hesse
Mon 7/1 @ 2:00 p.m. – Round One
Mon 7/15 @ 2:00 p.m. – Round Two
Fri 7/26 @ 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Monarch Library System Battle @ Lomira Library